Cloud Readiness Assessments
Start your journey to the cloud on the right foot
What is a cloud readiness assessment?
A Cloud Readiness Assessment is a report which gives you a clear understanding of the cloud opportunities available to your business — as well as the requirements for a transition.
The report examines your business systems, processes and requirements and helps you weigh up the risks, benefits, costs, scalability and financial opportunity of a move to the cloud.
In a cloud readiness assessment from us, you’ll get:
- Cloud Readiness Assessment Report
- Cost Estimates Document
- High Level Cloud Migration Strategy
How do I benefit from a cloud readiness assessment?
You’ll get a clear understanding of what the cloud means for your business, so you can make an informed decision about the most appropriate strategy.
- Validate your cloud ambitions
- Find out if you’re ready for the cloud
- Cut through the hype with practical insight
- Spot potential challenges early
- Maximise your options in the cloud
What’s the process?
The readiness assessment is usually spread over 3 to 4 weeks and involves a workshop to understand your needs, an in-depth technology audit, report compilation and a presentation and interactive discussion with your team.
Project Kick-Off Meeting & Workshop
This is the most important step. We'll sit with your IT leadership team (either individually or as a group) to collect initial information. This involves:
- Understanding your vision
- Collecting initial information
- Validating your target ICT state
- Discovering your key requirements
(business risk, regulatory or compliance)
- Discussing project scheduling and controls
Audit Current Technology State
We need to fully understand your technology, so we can effectively develop a future target state and estimate your costings.
We use a blend of manual derivation and technology analytics tools to build a baseline of your current state.
We'll deploy a third-party tool to gather and aggregate your infrastructure performance data and we'll also undertake technical interviews with your team as required to get a broader understanding of your environment.
We'll carefully review all the information gathered to build an accurate picture of infrastructure consumption — and how this would translate into the cloud.
We'll factor in all of the key requirements you've highlighted and produce a detailed report on the costs (at a high level), benefits, opportunities and potential stumbling blocks, so you can accurately plan projects for cloud implementation.
We'll personally deliver and present the report to your key stakeholders for consideration. It'll include all the information gathered during our workshops, interviews and tech audit, correlated to your key requirements.
It's not a lecture — it's an interactive Q&A. You'll get an opportunity to ask your key questions and talk through the potential options.
From here, you'll be properly equipped to harness the benefits of the cloud.
What’s included in my assessment report?
It’s important to understand what’s included — and what’s not.
- Stakeholder workshops
- Detailed understanding of your on-premises infrastructure
- High-level understanding of key applications, as well as services you offer and support
- Review of cloud platform services (IaaS and SaaS) against your business and technical requirements
- Analysis of your common workloads
to make cost projection as accurate as possible
- High level network bandwidth analysis
- High level cost analysis for each workload type
- Analysis of available platform discounts
and how they could affect your costs
- High level cloud migration strategy
- Delivery of documentation
- In-person report to your key stakeholders
What’s not included:
- Detailed design and/or implementation plan for cloud integration
- Detailed costing analysis (this can be done separately)
- Configuration or implementation of cloud services within your infrastructure for technical validation
- Upgrade, troubleshooting or remediation of pre-existing environmental issues
- Raising or management of change controls
How much does a readiness assessment cost?
Because the report is highly specific to your business, an assessment can cost anything from $8,000.
The price of a cloud readiness assessment varies from business to business. The more systems you’re considering migrating, and the more complex your systems are, the more an assessment is likely to cost.
Why the price?
Many businesses make the mistake of moving key systems to the cloud without considering the financial implications — often finding themselves spending more money, as they didn’t realise their systems weren’t built for the cloud environment.
The assessment takes days of work and is tailored to your business. A careful study of your requirements and technology tells you exactly how prepared you are — and how much you stand to gain.
An investment in a rigorous technology review and landscape analysis now helps you understand the opportunities and savings you can make later on — which, for large enterprises, can turn into hundreds of thousands of dollars each year.
Contact us to get a free no-obligation quote for a readiness assessment.
Which cloud platform should I choose?
Is a public cloud platform like Microsoft Azure, AWS or Google Cloud right for you, or is private cloud or hybrid cloud the way to go?
This decision is a critical one with nuanced answers. Once you’ve picked a platform, it can be tricky to move to an alternative — a decision that could come with a serious cost, so getting the right choice is key.
When we analyse your typical workloads, we’ll be able to calculate your costs on different platforms, as well as factoring in the benefits offered by each platform.
If you’ve got specific platforms you’d like us to examine your readiness for, let us know.
We’ve had customers who’ve wanted to move to Amazon Web Services only for us to find that there were significant cost savings available by using the Azure ecosystem instead.
When offers and discounts are applied, a range of opportunities can open up, so we’ll leave no stone unturned.